Sunday, February 24, 2013

Shopping for two weeks

So my new goal for myself this year was to shop for two weeks at a time. The reason I want to do this is 1. To shop at decent store we have to drive at least 35 miles 2. Shopping for groceries is pure torcher for me. 3. Have you even taken children shopping? 4. Because I feel that it will save me time, money and what little sanity I have left. The budget that I have set for myself is $300. I was over this time around because I stocked up on a few things...but I still felt that I did pretty well. Sense I'm always wondering what people buy and how much it costs I thought I would share that with you. I also would like to add......we try to eat a balanced diet. I might buy things that I could make myself or that you may not buy, thats fine. Please don't bash me because I wouldn't bash you . If you have the time to make everything from scratch I'm happy for you that you have the time. If you are thinking that I'm feeding my family things that you feel that will give us all cancer....well...ok. The key for our family is BALANCE. I'm not on one extreme or the other.  Ok on to my lists!!

First on the list is BJ's which is a whearhouse store:

$2.05 two soda's.....that was out of the norm for us...but I needed a freaking drink!
$8.99 Natural Valley granola bars ct. 60
$5.29 Veg straws  We like to get these every few months. Better then getting chips
$3.29 Ground Cinn.  They used to carry the really large container. This one was half the size of the one I have gotten in the past.
$10.29 Semi Sweet chips This bag is 72 ounces..this will last us a few months
$7.29 Ragu pack of three
$19.99 Venus Razors pack of 16-stock up item
$ 4.47 9 pounds of bananas these are a little cheaper then walmarts
$4.99 ORG. 50/50 I'm not even sure what this is..lol....but I bought it!
$3.99 Large Green peppers 4 in a pack
$6.39 String cheese
$4.99 Biscuit Mix....I know that you can make your own and I do plan on making some at some point.
$5.49 Salsa This will also last us a few months
$8.99 Mozz. Cheese should last us a little over a month..My hopes are for two
$4.99 two gallons of milk. Sadly Fred left a whole gallon of milk on the counter last night after making himself a snack!!! So I will have to replace that milk.
$.8.49 Gallon size glad freezer bags-stock up item
$6.59 two pack of organic grape juice which a also water down a little.
$7.99 BIG bag of organic blueberries. This should last 2 months. Only one if we make smoothies with them :O)
$7.99 5 dozen large white eggs
$14.99 bag of seasoned chicken
$14.99 large black trash bags. These should last us two months.
$11.99 Purell this last us 6 months
$14.49 Dove bar soap. They should last about 5 months???
 Total $190.03
   NY Tax 8.00% $5.75
  TOTAL: 195.78
    -coupon 2.50
TOTAL"193.28

My Normal total for this store is around $200 a month.


WALMART:

$3.94 bread x4 Yes this is normal white bread that will kill us all!! We make french toast out of it. And we also don't eat a lot of bread.
$2.56 Hamburger Rolls x2
$0.93 Red onion
$1.48 bag of radishes
$1.50 cucumber x2
$2.58 broccoli
$2.50 carrots
$2.48 yellow onion x3
$7.44 wheat tortillas x3 we do eat a lot of these
$2.95 bagels
$1.59 chicken noodle soup x2
$1.18 green onion
$1.94 mushrooms
$13.96 frozen bag of chicken x2
$ 7.84 bag of apples x2
$1.98 tomato soup
$2.50 ritz crackers
OK so next time I shop I should take a picture or something because I can't seem to figure out the rest of my receipt!
The total was 165.34 with  $37.34 being non-food.



My norm for this store is around $400 for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment