Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Freezer and a dead cow

So our cow came in and lets just say he was heavy! Sense Fred wasn't home I had to put all five boxes in the deep freezer. Putting it in there wasn't an easy task at all, sense it's up on cinder blocks because we have flooded in the past. I kept it all in the boxes because I knew that we were going to be getting a new freezer. Our deep freezer was 20 years old and we have had it over a little over 8 years. The lid is falling a part, and although it's still working it should be kicking the bucket any day! If Fred was home every night we would have just waited for it to completely die but sense that's not the case we thought this would be better for all involved. My nerves thank us...can't you just picture me having a break down over a whole freezer full of meat and trying to move all of it and trying to get someone to help me get and move a new freezer??? Right....it wouldn't have been pretty. The freezer that we bought was a little over $750 **barf face** I just have to laugh every time I see this freezer..lol. This one is an up right and our old one was a chest freezer. Our old one wasn't anything fancy...maybe it was when it came out??? It was really big, like I could stuff a body in it big :O) The new one is like a space freeze! It has the temp. digital on the outside of it..and has all these buttons and beeps if you leave it open and even sings a song when you close it!!! What the crap?? Why does it need all of these things??? I just want it to keep my food frozen!?

Cost of a dead cow $600
Cost of new up right space freezer $750

Your 4 year old daughter asking you why you would buy a freezer you didn't know how to work....PRICELESS! 
Insulation is and has been coming out of it.


The duct tape worked for 5 years!



These were very heavy!
Our new space freezer...it's smarter then I am! p.s. the temp. on it is 10. This picture was taken when it was cooling.

I must admit that I liked our chest frezzer a little better because you could just dump all the meat in and go. With this one I actually have to keep it organized for it all to fit in there...hmmmm.....Forced into organization...HA.  For the time being the freezer is in our kitchen, with the plan to move it in the future.

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of beef! Is it organic? I paid $255 for an 1/8th organic cow last week... $600 for an entire cow is amazing! Glad you got a new freezer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes this was a whole cow and it's all organic!

    ReplyDelete