Sunday, February 17, 2013

Brace Yourself

Pun intended! See this very pretty girl?
This last Monday her father and I went to  her Orthodontists meeting. That's were they sit you down and tell you what they think needs to be done and what arm and or leg they want for payment!!! This poor girl just had to get glasses the week before! So they told us that she needs a palate extender...she is small for her age so that really didn't surprise me..ugh. The cost sure did though! So for her first phase they want $1225 down and $145 for the next 22 months with the last payment being $45. For a grand total $4460! Fred also went to the dentist, which has been a long time coming! Lets just say it wasn't pretty....they did some work on him this time around and he will be going back three more times! I'm so excited to get those bills!!! After hearing all the news I'm not letting myself even think about my dental implant until May, which is the earliest I could get it anyway. So with everything else that's going on in my life, now I have to come up with that money....Good news I just payed my taxes on my house $1055.00 which we pay on our own and not with our house payment. I also upped our insurance on our house so I also need to come up with $500 by the time the bill comes in. I can just see someone asking themselves while reading this, "Do you have money in savings"? We do have money in saving....but I don't look at these bills as true emergencies....so I will just tighten the monthly budget more and pull it from there...ugh....And I also think that I should get a pat on the back because I sent out my tax papers..we have a friend that was a truckers wife that knows all the ins and outs that does taxes so she does ours. That money will not be used for anything that was talked about above..BOO! That is a whole other blog post HA!  

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on dental costs... Eek! I've been getting work on my teeth & it's expensive! We're blessed that we good coverage thankfully!

    I agree on the bills, if you can come up with it from squeezing the budget first, that's the way to go! Good luck!!

    ReplyDelete