Friday, January 25, 2013

Why does Karma hate me?

To sum up my week....PURE HELL! The weather has been anything short of CRAP! It has been -3 at night almost all week long. My house is big and even with all the work that we have done/doing it's fighting to stay warm. Wednesday night the power went out, We tried to suck it up for three hours! At 3 a.m we drove to my mother-in-laws house 30 miles away. I love my mother in law...really I do...but HOLLY HELL she keeps her house freezing!! We didn't sleep at all. The power was out for 6 hours. When we got home the pipes were frozen. Thankfully it didn't take me long to unfreeze them and none of the pipes broke. When it gets this cold I wish we had our two wood stoves. Then I think of having to wake up in the middle of the night with them, the mess, and stacking it....and lets not forget that I worry about everything so add not sleeping well because I just knew we were all going to die in a fire!!  Can't wait to get the heating and electric bill..HA! I have been using three small heaters the stove (you know the baking kind) and the forced air has been running none stop..sigh. Today after dropping KayLynn of at preschool I had to get a few things at the store and when I come back out the car wouldn't start!!!!!!!!!!!! It was so freaking cold! Called my sister in law, her husband came and helped me...the car was towed. Long story short it was the anti theft. They only charged me $50 for the towing...sense I have that in my car insurance I didn't have to pay anything. And Fred's work truck broke down so they were in a hotel...nice.And I also didn't learn anything new form the bank. Good news....The weather is going to warm up and when Fred was home this last time we got a few things done on the house...which I will have in another post. This blog post is a hot mess and I need sleep. So a hot mess it will stay. (And if you didn't guess it..nope my husband never seems to be around when these things happen.)

No comments:

Post a Comment