Sunday, March 3, 2013

House quotes & stuff

We have been working on getting quotes on the things that we need to finish up this house..hmmmm...What eight years hasn't been long enough?? HA! I'm a little bitter, I admit it!

List of things that still need to be done on the house......Just off the top of my head.

Kitchen:
Flooring- We know that we want heated flooring running though the high traffic areas of the kitchen. We did see the price of the rolls $189 but I'm not sure of how many we will need. I'll look into that. We have decided on tile and we know which one we want but need to get a quote. Our brother and sister in law have also been redoing their house and have done a lot of their own work (looks good too!) so they have agreed to help with the kitchen!

Cabinets- we got a price on these last spring. I hope they are around the same price. $3000.00


This is what it will look like..sorry about the water marks :O)
 Pantry- On the side of the fridge, the one close to the front door. There is a pantry set in the wall. If I had to guess off the top of my head the price of the shelving I would say $500??? I will also look into that. Pantry door??? No clue, I haven't even thought about it until now. Our electrician is always bringing us lights from jobs...so I'm sure he might have something for us..lol...They are ones that get thrown away.

Counter tops- I also got this quote last spring. About 2k We changed what we wanted the flooring to be sense last year, so this might also change. That is for laminate with gloss. I would like to put in corion but the price jumps to $3397.00 and I got the "I don't think so look" from Fred.....

Sink- the sink that we have picked out is $200 and the faucet is $200
Island- Fred's sister and husband made their own and Fred loves it! So they are going to help us makes one as well....not sure on the price??

Lights- We have all the top hat lights already in, which were free. We just need a main light to go over the table. I don't want to spend over $400 on it and even that seems high.

We are having someone make all the trim and that for the whole house is 1k about.

If you can tell by the pictures there will be a breakfast bar that will be able to seat 3-4 people and the island will be able to seat 2....I'm super excited about more seating!

The price for the carpets that we are only having up stairs will be $3276.87.

Base board heaters for a few of the rooms- No clue. I need to ask our electrician the sizes we need.

We need to work on getting the rest of the quotes.....we spent 3 hours in home depot for the carpet and just looking and staircase spindles!! This will take a few more trips. We need to have all of them by spring, because that's when we need to have all of them for the bank.


Other uses for glad press and seal!! Fred had the idea to use press and seal so the floors would be ruined...and it worked! BAHAHA! There was so much cold air coming threw the bottom of the walls! Again we used our friend great stuff! Fred didn't get a chance to trim the extra off...lol..so it still looks like that. Once the the base boards go down you won't be able to see any of the great stuff but you will feel the difference.

Roof- About two years ago we had a hunter green metal roof put on the garage roof. Last spring we had our old contractor give us a quote for the roof on the house $5600.00 We are also getting a quote from our new contractor...this well take a few weeks because he is also getting quotes for other parts of the house. too.

No comments:

Post a Comment